The Antiquities of the St Kilda Group of Islands

John Mathieson (Author)


Keyword(s):
Christ Church, Watching House, Stone Cists Containing Bones
Period(s):
Prehistoric

Abstract


During demolition of the original village on St Kilda a number of stone cists containing bones and pots were revealed. Other remains discussed include Christ Church and St Michael's Church, Tobar na Cille well, the watching house at Tigh na faire, beehive structures and a cave on Soay Island. Other islands in the group include Boreray and the Dun Island.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
30-11-1928
How to Cite
Mathieson, J. (1928). The Antiquities of the St Kilda Group of Islands. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 62, 123-132. Retrieved from http://journals.socantscot.org/index.php/psas/article/view/7740
Section
Articles