Two Sculptured Stones recently found in Orkney

Hugh Marwick (Author)


Keyword(s):
Cloak
Period(s):
Bronze Age

Abstract


A sculptured stone was found in the vicinity of a broch at Chapel Knowe. It has a very delicately incised human figure wearing a gown or cloak reaching below the knees, depicted in profile looking towards the left. A symbol stone from Greens, St Andrew's was discovered during drain digging. The symbols include a mirror, crescent and V-shaped rod.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
30-11-1924
How to Cite
Marwick, H. (1924). Two Sculptured Stones recently found in Orkney. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 58, 295-299. Retrieved from http://journals.socantscot.org/index.php/psas/article/view/7603
Section
Articles