Notes: (4) 'Earth-House' at Naversdale, Orphir

Hugh Marwick (Author)


Keyword(s):
Roundish Hollow, Stone Pillars, Earth
Period(s):
Neolithic, Iron Age

Abstract


The earth-house comprised a roundish hollow surrounded by stone pillars around its periphery at intervals of approximately 2.5 feet. Large roofing flagstones rest on one centrally site pillar to form a 'room. The whole structure was covered by earth.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
30-11-1946
How to Cite
Marwick, H. (1946). Notes: (4) ’Earth-House’ at Naversdale, Orphir. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 80, 143-144. Retrieved from http://journals.socantscot.org/index.php/psas/article/view/8261
Section
Articles