The Castle of Clounie Crichton, Kincardineshire

J Wyness (Author)


Keyword(s):
Carved Panel
Period(s):
1666

Abstract


The ruinous Clounie Castle is an interesting example of a Scottish laird's "house-of-fence". A carved panel above the entrance doorway records that it was built by George Crichton of Clounie in 1666.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
30-11-1939
How to Cite
Wyness, J. (1939). The Castle of Clounie Crichton, Kincardineshire. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 73, 58-61. Retrieved from http://journals.socantscot.org/index.php/psas/article/view/8103
Section
Articles