Ecclesiastical Remains in the Neighbourhood of Luss, with Notes on some Unrecorded Crosses and Hog-backed Stones

A Lacaille (Author)


Keyword(s):
Castles, Gatehouse
Period(s):
13th Century

Abstract


An account of the island of Inchtavannoch in Loch Lomond thought to be the site of a religious foundation linked with the pre-Columbian missionary St Kessog. Carved tombstones and crosses from Luss Kirkyard and the ruins of St Michael's Chapel, Glen Luss are described in detail. Two previously unrecorded cross-slabs from Dalgety, Fife and Kirkbride, Dunure and three hog-backed tombs from Logie and Tulliallan are reported.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
30-11-1928
How to Cite
Lacaille, A. (1928). Ecclesiastical Remains in the Neighbourhood of Luss, with Notes on some Unrecorded Crosses and Hog-backed Stones. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 62, 85-106. Retrieved from http://journals.socantscot.org/index.php/psas/article/view/7738
Section
Articles