Notes on the Lands and Manor House of Gorgie, Edinburgh

John Smith (Author)


Keyword(s):
Mill
Period(s):
1527, 1236

Abstract


A historical account of the ownership of the lands and mill of Gorgie dating back to 1236 when acquired by Sir William Livingstone. The earliest mention of the Manor House dates back to 1527. At the time of writing the house was still occupied and in fair condition.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.
Published
30-11-1928
How to Cite
Smith, J. (1928). Notes on the Lands and Manor House of Gorgie, Edinburgh. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 62, 268-280. Retrieved from http://journals.socantscot.org/index.php/psas/article/view/7730
Section
Articles