An Underground Gallery recently discovered in the Island of Tiree
Artefacts, Pottery Sherds, Point
September 1561, 1692, 1578
Similar stone-built structures are already known in Lewis, Harris, Uist, and Benbecula; and examples have been found on the mainland in Sutherland, Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth,\r\nand Porfarshire, and in Midlothian and other counties. The entrance opened on to a sloping passageway which was five feet in height. It contracted to a width of only 20 inches at one point and the interior beyond was blocked preventing further investigation. Pottery sherds and hammer-stones were the only artefacts.